The Versatility of LED Lights
An LED light bulb is one of the most functional creations of today. It shines brighter than a halogen bulb or a CFL bulb but uses at least 50% less energy than them too. It is highly versatile in use and can be used outside the house as well as inside the house. LEDs are also used in commercial and public spaces because of their long-lasting effects. They are more eco friendly than CFLs and halogen bulbs.
LED light mounting fixtures now allow the consumers to change the direction of the lighting. Additionally, dimming switches can now be installed with a switch to control the lumen level and adjust it according to the need and convenience. These additions make these lights more functional, cost-effective and healthy for the environment.
However, the operationality of LEDs is not limited to the above-stated realms. They are also versatile in emitting light. They can create different variations in lights to meet the required balance of the space. LED lights can be manipulated into serving several functions like:-
Accent LED lighting: These types of LEDs are highly operational when you have to highlight an area or a showpiece or an object in the room or on the wall. Additionally, they can be installed along the stairways of a building or a corridor to help a person navigate in the dark. Since these lights emit a concentrated light rather than a dispersed one, they serve best for conference and meeting halls where presentations need to be displayed. They can be used and downlights in such cases. They come in different forms like:-
LED strips: They are strips of lights made of copper wire with an adhesive coating at the back. They are often known as tape lights too. They can be placed while tracing any surface to even give an effect of a backlight.
Neon ropes: LED lights that emit a neon coloured lumen are fitted in a rope-like casing or tube that is flexible but not as much as the LED strips.
Bar shaped: These LEDs are placed in a small bar or brick-like casing. The structure is rectangular and can sometimes appear like a tube.
1. Track lighting: This technique of lighting uses multiple LED bulbs attached in a row to emit a directional vibrance. They can be liners, flexible or curved, depending on the requirements. Track lights are generally composed of two components. First is the rail or the bar to which the lights are attached.
Second are the track heads, which may or may not be movable in a circular direction. The track heads are usually made to match the rails and can be made from different metals to suit the walls they adorn. They are often used as spotlights in conference halls, cinema halls, etc. At home, they can be fitted in kitchens or the hallways.
2. Downlighting: As the name suggests, downlights direct light from the ground. They give a concentrated focus, which is functional for illuminating building walls, giving the effect that the walls are emitting light. These LEDs are also used at the corner of the stages. They must, however, be installed cautiously at places where people would not step on them.
3. Ambient lightings: These are the most simple types of LED lights. They are used to create a natural lighting effect in the room, which is warm and minimalistic. Most LED bulbs can achieve this type of lighting. Since LEDs do not diffuse light, they can achieve the purpose with more efficiency.
4. Task lighting: Task lighting is another form of directional light. They are placed to make a particular task easier. The LED bulbs used in task lighting do not strain the eyes as much as the others do. They are great replacements for regular lamp bulbs that are either too bright that they irritate or are too dim to allow reading or writing.
5. Mood lighting: The purpose of mood LED lights is to influence the mood or the emotions of the person. As we are aware, each colour is capable of inciting certain feelings or emotions in us. They can be used in clubs, restaurants or parties to create a suitable ambience for the occasion.
LED lights come in different shapes and sizes, and each category serves a different purpose. However, the availability of each type of light varies from LED lights manufacturer to manufacturer. To know your options better, you should explore LED lights and their fixtures online before hitting the offline stores.
It is their unique diode system of light production, which makes LEDs versatile, dynamic and durable. Although the system is complicated, it allows immense flexibility in design and utility. Hopefully, with passing time, the mechanism will become simpler, and the upfront cost of LEDs will also reduce.