NOC Manager: Network Engineer Freelance Jobs
Job Opportunities for Network Operation Manger
Neither the world nor ExtNoc is standing still. We’re taking bold steps to meet customers’ changing needs across our brands and business lines. We’re looking for talented people to join our team now. You’ll have the chance to take risks, challenge the status quo, and shape the future for the greater good.
This all takes place in an environment of excellence and high ethical standards – a place where values like integrity, inclusion, diversity, and accountability are paramount. We empower our employees to lead, drive change, and give back to the communities in which they live and work. It’s our people who are our greatest strength, and we work together as a team to serve our customers and communities.
Our actions at ExterNetworks are driven by one shared purpose: to ensure people’s hope and dreams are realized while dealing with life’s uncertainties. We’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of what’s next – to give our customers peace of mind no matter what changes come their way. Let us be your Good Hands. Our company doesn’t follow trends. Our company sets trends.
Jobs in NOCs: Network Operations Center Manager, On-Site and Remote
NOC Engineers’ responsibilities are diverse. NOCs or Network Operations Centers require expertise in network administration, network support, management, switching, and routing.
Criteria for Network Operations Center Manager jobs
- Data-driven decisions, automation, and standardization can be leveraged to drive operational efficiency.
- Having worked in a team environment with a follow the sun model and experience working in a shift schedule.
- An understanding of Jenkins CI/CD pipelines and experience working in an agile environment to develop infrastructure as code.
- Managing a team of Network and System Engineers in the past.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation level qualification/knowledge
Job Summary of the NOC Manager
A Network Operations Center (NOC) Manager is responsible for leading a team that handles critical infrastructure incidents flawlessly.
The Manager will ensure the day-to-day operations are executed on time and with a high degree of quality, provide an escalation point for critical incidents impacting customers, identify and drive operational efficiencies through automation and best practices, and develop and manage an engaged global workforce.
The role is part of a larger organization, Production Operations, which focuses on maintaining and improving Allstate’s system availability.
Managers of NOCs have the following responsibilities:
- Managers of the NOC are responsible for ensuring support to Allstate’s infrastructure through repair, automation, and preventative measures.
- Ensure that employees document their development goals by providing immediate feedback, coaching, and mentoring to improve performance.
- Experience working in a Growth culture where employees feel safe, are constantly learning, can practice what they learn, and feedback goes up, down, and across the organization.
- Manage a diverse team of experienced engineers to optimize Allstate’s Availability by managing Incident, Change, and Problem management.
- Make sure incidents are handled as quickly as possible and with quality, and that anything that cannot be resolved is turned over to the next shift.
- The NOC manager serves as an escalation point for NOC teams and is expected to be an active participant in major incident calls.
- The ability to work with vendors and other departments to ensure root cause and preventative actions are addressed on time through monthly vendor meetings where current SLAs are reviewed.
- Lead the team in documenting standard operating procedures, creating lesson learned documentation that can be shared with other employees for knowledge sharing.
- Monitor and alert in the NOC must be continuously improved.
- Lead, monitor, and operate the support surrounding the disaster recovery tests.
- Attend weekend leadership on-call rotations for impacting incidents and escalations
- The ability to develop a strategy for the NOC organization, either through your research, articles, or comparisons with other companies using NOCs
- Collaborate monthly with your peer engineering teams and foster collaboration among our employees internally and with their engineering peers.
- Maintain and update the NOC’s Business Continuity Plan.
- Ensure that employees adhere to HR policies
Link to FREE NOC ROI Calculator for Network Service Managers
Essential Criteria for NOC Managers
Engineering position with 3+ years’ experience performing planning, design, documentation, and support. The candidate should have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Among these technologies are Cisco Networks, Red Hat, Avaya, Windows, Rubrik, Palo Alto, F5, and Infoblox
- PowerShell, Python, Linux, Github, Ansible
- SCOM, Netcool, Splunk: monitoring tools
- An experience of 3+ years as a people or technical leader or in a team-oriented collaborative environment.
- Able to work within a department’s shift schedule. You will be notified if the schedule should change.
NOC Managers’ Compensation Data
The salary range for this position is between $100,00 to $155,000 per year, depending on qualifications and experience.
NOC Engineers and NOC Managers benefit from Field Engineer
You can join the top freelance marketplace as a freelance NOC Engineer or NOC Manager by visiting Fieldengineer.com. It allows you to connect with employers who are seeking the right candidate.
60,000 engineers are registered with it in 195 countries, making it a reliable channel for businesses to hire.