Top Benefits of Tadasana Yoga Pose (Mountain Pose)
Do you know? what is Tadasana Yoga Pose, and what are the top benefits and steps of doing Tadasana Yoga Pose. if not, then here we have explained in detail such things that you should know.
- What is Tadasana Yoga Pose?
- Benefits of Tadasana Yoga Pose
- Steps of doing Tadasana Yoga Pose
- Beginner’s Tip to do Tadasana Yoga Pose
- Precautions to be taken while doing Tadasana Yoga Pose
What is Tadasana Yoga Pose?
Tadasana comes first in our minds when we talk about yoga poses. Whether children or old, everyone can do it, Tadasana is a basic posture of yoga because this asana is the basis of many asanas.
Basically, the Tadasana word has driven from the ‘Tad’ word (Sanskrit language). The word Tadasana is a combination of two Sanskrit words, Tad + Asan.
- Tad means ‘mountain’
- Asana means ‘mudra or Posture’.
Tadasana is also known as Parvat Mudra Asana (Mountain pose), which is quite easy to practice and provides various health benefits.
In yoga, “Tadasana” is considered the foundation of standing yogasanas, it is because while doing this yoga, the body remains upright and stable like a mountain. This asana is used to increase body length and make muscles flexible.
To do this asana, you have to stand still on the ground and join the earth so that energy can flow in the body. Regularly practicing this asana strengthens the legs. Let us know the benefits and steps of the Tadasana Yoga Pose.
Benefits of Tadasana Yoga Pose
- If you have back pain, then this asana is very beneficial for you. It helps in relieving your spine and back pain.
- You also get relief from back pain while stretching.
- This increases your height. Also known as Palm Tree Pose, this asana is excellent among other yoga poses to increase the length of developing children.
- It plays a huge role in reducing not only abdominal fat but also excess body fat.
- By its daily practice, the thighs, knees, and ankles are strengthened.
- This yoga is very beneficial for foot problems like knee pain or swelling, pain, numbness, burning, and tingling.
- This asana develops physical and mental balance.
- Improves body posture.
- This yoga gives relief from sciatica.
- If you have pain in your nerves or muscles, then you should practice this Yogasana which will greatly benefit you.
Steps of doing Tadasana Yoga Pose
- Choose a clean and open space and stand on it by laying yoga mats, carpets, or blankets.
- Stand in a way so you keep straight your both legs and waist.
- While standing, make enough between your both legs.
- Keep both your hands close to your body.
- You should continue deep breathing along with lifting your both arms over your head, also combine your both hands fingers.
- Now keep your hands straight and stretch, so that the direction of your palms should be towards the sky.
- Now you have to stand on your fingertips while raising your heel.
- During this time, your body should feel stretched from the feet to the fingers of the hands.
- Now stay in this position for 10 seconds and keep breathing.
- Then while exhaling, come to the beginning and repeat this asana at least 10 times.
Beginner’s Tip to do Tadasana Yoga Pose
- Those who are new to doing this asana or those who have never done this yoga before, while following the method described here, keep in mind the following things
- If you are not able to balance your body while doing Tadasana yoga, then keep some distance between your legs, this will help you to maintain balance.
- If you are still unable to balance for a long time by standing on your toes, then you can take the support of a wall. Do not apply too much force while pulling the body upwards, this can cause muscle cramping.
Precautions to be taken while doing Tadasana Yoga Pose
- People who have headaches, insomnia (sleepiness problem), or low blood pressure should not do this asana.
- A pregnant woman should not do this asana or practice this yoga asana as stated by a yoga practitioner or trainer.
If you are a fitness freak and want to know more about yoga poses, then you can join a 100 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, India.
Hope after knowing all these benefits, you will never have to say that what is Tadasana yoga pose and what are the benefits and steps of doing Tadasana Yoga Pose.