What are the Best-Known Primary and International Schools of Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi is not just one of the most sought-after international travel destinations, but also a great place to live in. There are many reasons for this including the fabulous economic opportunities the place affords, its world-class infrastructure as well as an international vibe.
Abu Dhabi is undoubtedly the favorite of a large number of ex-pats who work and live here. The fact that there are an impressive number of world-class Abu Dhabi international schools that offer primary schooling makes it all the more attractive to such people. Let us take a look at some of the best-known primary and international schools in Abu Dhabi.
5 Best international schools in Abu Dhabi
1. Global Indian International Schools
The Global Indian International School is part of the internationally renowned GIIS chain of international schools in Abu Dhabi. It boasts world-class infrastructure, amenities, and facilities that make receiving an education here a great and empowering experience. The school employs some of the best qualified and extremely experienced faculty who ensure that students are able to do very well in academics.
There is an equal amount of importance attached to co-curricular and extracurricular activities, as these play an exceedingly important role in the overall development of the young individuals studying at the school. GIIS Abu Dhabi offers the Global Montessori plus and the CBSE curriculum to its students.
2. The British International School
This school following the British curriculum accepts children ranging in age from 3 to 18. It also offers them the much-in-demand International Baccalaureate program. The school opened back in 2009 and since then has grown to cater to the educational needs of 1800 students. Their students routinely make it to the top 30 universities of the world. That being stated, inculcating a lifelong passion for learning is a cornerstone of this schools’ educational philosophy. It is hardly surprising then that this school is one of the most highly regarded in Abu Dhabi.
3. American International School
This very highly regarded school caters to the educational needs of children aged between 4 and 18 years. It follows both the American and IB pattern of education and is much sought after by the expat community living in Abu Dhabi. The school was founded 27 years back in 1995 and has developed an awesome reputation over the years as a center of learning and education.
One of the USPs of the school is the fact that it employs native English-speaking teachers which ensures that the students are taught by people who are adept at teaching in that language. That can only augur well for the students living in an international environment.
The school has more than 1400 hundred students hailing from more than 75 nationalities with the most common nationality being Emirati at 29% and as many as 71% from around the world.
4. The Abu Dhabi International School
This is an international school in Abu Dhabi in the truest sense providing its students the chance to study the American, British, and IB curricula. It is not surprising that the school boasts 2100 hundred students hailing from over 55 countries around the world. The 41% to 49% ratio between local and foreign students is a very well-balanced one making the school the preferred choice for both local and foreign students. The language of instruction followed at the school is English as is to be expected in the case of an international school and they accept students aged between 4 and 18.
5. Amity International School
This school is located on a fantastic 15-acre campus very conducive to learning and offers the British curriculum. It accepts students between the ages of 3 to 18. The school has students from over 55 nations with the overwhelming majority of them (82%) being international ones and the rest (18%) local. Students at this school are encouraged to develop intellectually, academically as well as socially, by exposing them to not only the best academic atmosphere, but a corresponding amount of time spent indulging in sports and other extracurricular activities.
Abu Dhabi has some of the finest schools in the world that are great for your child’s primary schooling, making it quite a magnet for people who want to live and work in a place where their children will get the best possible education. This fact is borne out by the fact that students who complete their education in these schools go on to study at some of the best universities and colleges in the world.
An aspiring and enthusiastic blogger and reader who has been in the digital marketing industry for 5 years.